Patologia: Neoplasie del polmone
Fase di studio: III
Richiesta mandatoria di tessuto: Sì
Linee di trattamento: Adiuvante/neoadiuvante
Criteri di inclusione:
- Have previously untreated, histologically confirmed NSCLC and histologically confirmed Stage IIB or IIIA NSCLC.
- Be able to undergo protocol therapy, including necessary surgery.
- If male, must agree to use contraception or practice abstinence as well as refrain from donating sperm for at least 180 days after the last dose of study treatment.
- If female, may participate if not pregnant, not breastfeeding, and at least one of the following conditions apply: 1) not a woman of childbearing potential (WOCBP); or 2) a WOCBP who agrees to follow contraceptive guidance during the treatment period and for at least 180 days after the last dose of study treatment.
- Have available formalin-fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tumor tissue sample blocks for submission. If blocks are not available, have unstained slides for submission for central programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1) testing.
- Have an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 to 1 within 10 days of randomization.
- Have adequate organ function
Criteri di esclusione:
- A WOCBP who has a positive urine pregnancy test within 24 hours before the first dose of study treatment.
- Has one of the following tumor locations/types:1) NSCLC involving the superior sulcus; 2) Large cell neuro-endocrine cancer (LCNEC); or 3) Sarcomatoid tumor.
- Has a history of pneumonitis /interstitial lung disease that required steroids or has current pneumonitis/interstitial lung disease that requires steroids.
- Has an active infection requiring systemic therapy.
- Has had an allogenic tissue/solid organ transplant.
- Has a known severe hypersensitivity (≥ Grade 3) to pembrolizumab, its active substance and/or any of its excipients.
- Has a known severe hypersensitivity (≥ Grade 3) to any of the study chemotherapy agents and/or to any of their excipients.
- Has an active autoimmune disease that has required systemic treatment in past 2 years. Replacement therapy is not considered a form of systemic treatment and is allowed.
- Has a known history of Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C. Note: No testing for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C is required unless mandated by local health authority.
- Has a known history of active tuberculosis (TB; Bacillus tuberculosis).
- Has a history or current evidence of any condition, therapy, or laboratory abnormality that might confound the results of the trial, interfere with the participant's participation for the full duration of the trial, or is not in the best interest of the participant to participate, in the opinion of the treating investigator.
- Has known psychiatric or substance abuse disorders that would interfere with cooperating with the requirements of the trial.
- Has received prior therapy with an anti-PD-1, anti-PD-L1, or anti-PD-L2 agent or with an agent directed to another co-inhibitory T-cell receptor.
- Has received prior systemic anti-cancer therapy including investigational agents for the current malignancy prior to randomization/allocation.
- Has received prior radiotherapy within 2 weeks of start of trial treatment. Participants must have recovered from all radiation-related toxicities, not require corticosteroids, and not have had radiation pneumonitis.
- Has received a live vaccine within 30 days prior to the first dose of trial drug.
- Is currently participating in or has participated in a trial of an investigational agent or has used an investigational device within 4 weeks prior to the first dose of trial treatment.
- Has a diagnosis of immunodeficiency or is receiving either systemic steroid therapy (dose exceeding 10 mg daily of prednisone equivalent) or any other form of immunosuppressive therapy within 7 days prior the first dose of trial drug.
- Has a known additional malignancy that is progressing or requires active treatment within the past 5 years.
- Is pregnant or breastfeeding or expecting to conceive or father children within the projected duration of the trial, starting with the screening visit through 180 days after the last dose of trial treatment.
Trattamento di controllo:
Am. 5 will allow also participation of subjects with resectable stage IIA and IIIB NSCLC
Azienda Spedali Civili di Brescia
Piazzale Spedali Civili 1 - 25123 Brescia - BS
UO di Oncologia
IRCCS - IRST
Via P. Maroncelli 40 - 47014 Meldola - FC
Istituto Scientifico Romagnolo per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori
IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori
Via Venezian 1 - 20133 Milano - MI
SS Oncologia medica Toraco-Polmonare
Riferimento: Dr. Roberto Ferrara
Ospedale San Raffaele di Milano
Via Olgettina 60 - 20132 Milano - MI
Dipartimento di Oncologia Medica
Istituto Clinico Humanitas Rozzano
Via Manzoni 56 - 20089 Rozzano - MI
Riferimento: Prof. Armando Santoro
A.O. San Gerardo
Via Pergolesi 33 - 20900 Monza - MB
UO Oncologia Medica
A.O.U San Luigi Gonzaga
Regione Gonzole 10 - 10043 Orbassano - TO
Riferimento: Prof.ssa Silvia Novello
Azienda Ospedaliera San Camillo Forlanini
Via Portuense 332 - 00149 Roma - RM
UOSD di Pneumologia Toracica
Azienda Ospedaliera Vincenzo Monaldi
Via Leonardo Bianchi 1 - 80131 Napoli - NA
UD di Day Hospital Oncologico Pneumologico
Numero di iscrizione a registro: 2017-001832-21
Data di inserimento: 22.11.2018
Data di aggiornamento: 16.04.2021
Fondazione IRCCS, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milano
Riferimento: Dr.ssa Marina Chiara Garassino